Bloodborne Pathogens and Communicable Disease
This is a two-hour self-paced distance based course designed to assist health care providers in identifying and managing the medical legal risks associated with bloodborne pathogens.
There will be a minimum of ten questions on an online examination at the end of the course materials to evaluate learner knowledge.
- Identification of bloodborne pathogens and their modes of transmission.
- Assessing risk and preventing bloodborne pathogen transmission in healthcare.
- Introduce healthcare providers to universal precautions.
- Identify which body fluids universal precautions apply to.
- Understand what techniques may be applied to reduce the risk of exposure to pathogens related to blood borne pathogens.
- Identify the standard of care regarding blood borne pathogens in the healthcare workplace.
120 minutes of study and the completion of an online examination with a score of at least 75%
To enroll in this course, please click the link below. You will be redirected to our course platform, Instructure, to complete the transaction.
All opinions, viewpoints and recommendations contained in this presentation represent those of the author alone and do not represent the opinions, viewpoints, or recommendations of any organization with which the author may be affiliated, including, without limitation, the the ACBSP. This work is intended to provide current and accurate information about the subjects covered and is designed to help doctors of chiropractic to maintain their professional expertise. This publication and accompanying program are offered with the understanding that neither the speakers nor sponsoring organizations are rendering any therapeutic or other professional services. Individuals using this publication or orally conveyed information in dealing with a patient's care should also fully research original and current sources of authority.