Oregon Chiropractic Assistant
This course is a eight hour class designed to teach assistants of Doctors of Chiropractic about active and passive care including the use of modalities and exercise. You will be required to document an additional four hours of practical training for each area under the supervision of your doctor using the forms provided in the course. The curriculum of this course meets the Oregon Board of Chiropractic Examiners CA training guidelines for the Oregon Chiropractic Assistant Courses. There are twelve total training hour required.
If you do not have access to a Doctor of Chiropractic to sign-off on your practical skill training sheets, we will be conducting a 4 hour in-person training in the Portland area once we have enough participants. The cost for the 4 hours of in-person training is $80. More details on this are in the online course.
Full details on becoming a certified Chiropractic Assistant for the state of OR can be found here:
The learner’s time spent online studying course materials is tracked electronically. Two formal multiple-choice examinations are administered at the termination of the course materials. There will be at least three questions for every hour of the class. True/False, multiple choice, short answer and essay questions may be used. A final score of 80% or greater is required for completion of the course. Learners not achieving the pass rate will be directed to additional study by the instructor and allowed to re-take the examination.
Additional practical skills competency is also required.
- Recognize the licensing and regulations identified by the Oregon Board of Chiropractic Examiners for a Chiropractic Assistant.
- Analyze the basic components of physiotheapeutic cares.
- Identify the principles of chiropractic care.
- Recognize the basic medical terminology and anatomy.
- Increase your understanding of the chiropractic assistants role in professional boundaries in the chiropractic healthcare setting.
- Understand the basics of safely positioning a patient for care.
- Identify the five main rules regarding HIPAA covered entities and business associates.
- Restate methods of infection control in the chiropractic setting.
- Recognize indications and contraindications for physiotherapy modalities, exercise, soft tissue therapies.
- Understanding CPT timed codes & general chart notes.
This syllabus is a representation of the requirements for successful completion of the course, containing the objectives, content, organization, and evaluation processes. It is the student’s responsibility to read, comprehend, and act on the syllabus’ objectives, content, and requirements. The faculty teaching this course reserves the right to reasonably alter the sequence of activities, assignment dates, and evaluation and assignment methods or styles. Every effort will be made to inform the class members in advance of such changes. Students are responsible for following the syllabus and any changes instituted by the faculty. Should there be any questions or need for reasonable interpretation of clarification of the syllabus, the student must contact the lead course instructor/syllabus author(s) to obtain answers to the above.
All opinions, viewpoints and recommendations contained in this presentation represent those of the author alone and do not represent the opinions, viewpoints or recommendations of any organization with which the author may be affiliated, including, without limitation, the USOC or/and the ACBSP.