Alabama Chiropractic Assistant Training Course
- Karen Moreau, CA
- Bill Moreau, DC, DACBSP, FACSM
This 45 hour course designed to train the Alabama chiropractic assistant. Upon completion the student will receive a certificate suitable for framing from a CCE approved Chiropractic College. The class has several modules that are all included for the tuition price. The modules and featured topics are listed below.
This is a specific course designed for Alabama. This course is brought to you by DConline.
The learner’s time spent studying course materials is tracked electronically. A formal multiple-choice examination is administered at the termination of the course materials for those seeking certification (where appropriate).
The requirements for successful completion include;
1. Log correct number of hours in the online course.
2. 75% or higher score on the online examination at the end of the course.
3. Completion of practical skill sheets under doctor supervision.
4. Documentation of CPR certification.
All requirements must be completed for certification.
Chiropractic philosophy, spinal anatomy, subluxation complex, and spinal pain
2. CA Duties
Responsibilities of the Chiropractic Assistant, medical records, patient communications, SOAP notes, and confidentiality
3. Emergency Procedures
Chiropractic Office Emergencies, red flags to care, includes blood borne pathogens, recognition of emergency situations, performing the primary and secondary survey
Patient communication skills, CA to patient relationships, office etiquette, letters and report construction
5. Technical Skills
Obtaining a history, vital signs, record keeping skills, consents to transfer records
6. Law and Ethics
Confidentiality, respondent superior, sources of malpractice,
professional boundaries; definitions, prevention, sexual harassment, and developing professional relationships
7. Human Body in Health and Disease
Discusses commonly encounter diseases and disorders seen in chiropractic practice.
The physiology of wound repair, applications, indications and contraindications of heat, diathermy, electrotherapy, cryotherapy, traction, and construction of exercise programs
9. Alabama Rules and Regulations
In this course the learner will:
- Discover what is meant by a "chiropractic philosophy" of care.
- Learn about Alabama Rules and regulations.
- Learn about the history of chiropractic.
- Learn about basic spinal anatomy.
- Investigate the musculoskeletal and nervous system anatomy.
- Identify what is meant by the term "subluxation complex".
- Broaden the understanding of the chiropractic profession as a whole.
- Learn the common vocabulary terms related to chiropractic.
- Learn about the duties of a chiropractic assistant.
- Learn about medical records and the skills related to great medical records note taking
- Identify some of the keys to working with worker's compensation and motor vehicle collision cases.
- Discover what "informed consent" is and how to apply this to chiropractic care.
- Get an overview of how to use good office etiquette to keep the office a friendly work environment.
- Develop an understanding of what types of emergencies can present to a chiropractic office and what you can do to provide the correct care.
- Learn about blood borne pathogens and how to correctly clean up spills.
- Learn about working with patients from different cultures.
- Develop skills related to time management.
- Learn about the presenting signs and symptoms of common cardiovascular emergencies that you may or may not ever see in chiropractic practice.
- Learn about biohazard waste procedure.
- Identify methods of controlling bleeding or hemorrhage.
- Learn about common techniques of good listening skills.
- Learn why listening skills are so important to the CA.
- Discover the importance of reviewing all correspondence.
- Interpretation some common body language signs.
- Learn what vital signs are and how to obtain them.
- Learn the key components of a good history.
- Know what "red flags" are for chiropractic.
- Assist the CA in understanding what "professional boundaries" are and how these boundaries apply to their job duties and working environment.
- Learn about patient's rights.
- Discuss many of the conditions that a Doctor of Chiropractic will encounter in daily practice.
- Learn about legal issues associated with physiotherapy.
- Learn about the different forms of physiotherapy and how to safely apply.
- Investigate the concepts of exercise and rehabilitation.
To enroll in this course, please click the link below. You will be redirected to our course platform, Instructure, to complete the transaction.
All opinions, viewpoints and recommendations contained in this presentation represent those of the author alone and do not represent the opinions, viewpoints, or recommendations of any organization with which the author may be affiliated, including, without limitation, the the ACBSP. This work is intended to provide current and accurate information about the subjects covered and is designed to help doctors of chiropractic to maintain their professional expertise. This publication and accompanying program are offered with the understanding that neither the speakers nor sponsoring organizations are rendering any therapeutic or other professional services. Individuals using this publication or orally conveyed information in dealing with a patient's care should also fully research original and current sources of authority.